Monday, December 17, 2007

Fireworks and an ER trip

We finished up an AWESOME weekend with friends watching the Manhattan Beach Christmas fireworks. I have to admit, I live here and knew nothing about it, but Matt and Brooke Rillos in town from Colorado told me about it. I guess I am still not a local (but I do shop at Trader Joes :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then Sunday was followed by a Monday........
We had a great day, Kai and I had fun playing and going to the park, with no incidents. But while I was making dinner he took a header into the stone fireplace and got a bad cut above his eye. I can't even type that without pouting. I am so sad that it happened, that there aren't words. Trav rushed home and we headed to the Emergency Room. We just wanted to play it safe.

Well... (I am going to try to restrain myself) The Doctor said that either way it was going to leave a scar but if we had him go thru the trama of stitches it might be less noticeable. He then went onto to say that we were vain if we decided to put him through the trama. Hmmmm--- I don't know that makes us vain. If he were a girl would we even question it? We were trying to make the best possible decision for Kai...and the Doctor pretty much shamed us away from making a cosmetic choice. I don't know what to make of that. (Maybe that is why I am blogging about it at 11:30pm) It kinda bugged me, what do you think?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Team Rillos said...

Oh my gosh! Did they use liquid bandaid on it? Poor Kai...and poor you guys. You know, all of the Rillos men have an eyebrow scar in that same spot. And, I think it is quite tough looking. I think they like it too. Hey, you made a decision so just go with it. Don't get worked up about it. Kai will not hold a grudge. Love, Brooke

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,

I am pretty shocked at the expereince you had. Being in the medical profession that makes me really angry. Your choice should have been just that. Your choice not the Doctors. Anyways, if it make you feel any better when we owned a day care we had our share of above eye injuries! and from our stone fireplace.

Redondo Beach, CA, United States
It is me and my two boys. My husband and my son, both are pretty cute in my opinion.


<>