Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Le Deux (now referred to as La Do Do)

How funny this life is! Travis and I "got into" one of the hottest (most talked about) clubs this past Saturday. I was so excited to go and see it for myself. To be able to say that I had experienced it first hand.

Well, it was exciting but it wasn't ALL THAT! It was sad actually, a lot of the people in there were so caught up in the LA scene that I think that they had let go of what really matters. Sure a lot of them looked fabulous, but that was about it. From what I could tell and they way that they were acting (Sodom and Gomorrah type behavior), the had put their trust and heart into something that really isn't going to amount to much.

What God offers can not be bought in a store. It is way more special than anything this world has to offer. I should be excited about "getting in" to the coolest club EVER Christianity. I am in Jesus Christ's club and it is way more exciting than any Hollywood scene. I am in the club with a bunch of people who want to know their creator personally and they want to challenge there hearts and minds. That is such much cooler than some silly handbag or shirt.

I am not judging these people. I have and do struggle with wanting to "fit in", but in LA I think it comes at way to high of a price. Part of the reason that I think I was hit so hard by this experience, is because I am still tempted by the world. I am a new Mom and I am trying to figure out my new identity. My new body. My new life. And at times what I read in the magazines makes the Hollywood life sound fabulous. Now I know that it isn't fabulous, at least not in my opinion. The life that I have been gifted by God is Fabulous. Not perfect but pretty GREAT!




Brian, Travis, me and Matt Hepp. I seriously think that I was with the coolest people in the whole place. I respect heart way more than I respect what someone is wearing. It was a fun night out and I learned a lot. About Hollywood, about myself and about what I really think matters. God! He is the most ultimate celebrity in my book.

2 comments:

Nicole Svendsen said...

Kat, that is all so true. It is hard sometimes to find our place in this world when we have so many things wanting our attention...good perspective!

Stina said...

I am sooooo glad I read this. I find myself, too often, wondering what it's like in these places that you hear about on tv and in magazines. I'm glad that you verified what I think I probably knew already. I hope you guys had fun together though.

Redondo Beach, CA, United States
It is me and my two boys. My husband and my son, both are pretty cute in my opinion.


<>