Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The ball pits of life

Am I the only one that sees the irony? At kiddie play areas they have ball pits. Areas filled with tons of brightly colored balls. This is suppose to be a fun place...or is it training? They are up to their necks in these balls, not so much that they can't breathe but enough to be a real challenge.

I put Kai in his first ball pit the other day and I was so excited to watch and see how he reacted. At first there was a struggle and then frustration and then he settled in, embraced it and decided to enjoy it. From that point on he had a blast! He was rolling, crawling, lots of squealing and exploration. Well, we are in the ball pit of our lives. It can be frustrating and full of trials, but if we settle in and embrace it, and decide to enjoy it then we can have a totally different experience. Man--this little guy is teaching me so much! He makes me want to dive on in. :)



2 comments:

boo and stacy said...

Ohh so precious he is! Lots of parallels these little tikes create for us huh? he is SOO cute!!

boo and stacy said...

Great pics Kat. What a blessing it is to have a family. Really like the pic of Travis and Kai at the beach!

Boo

Redondo Beach, CA, United States
It is me and my two boys. My husband and my son, both are pretty cute in my opinion.


<>